The Advanced Guide
An advanced guide is also available, which contains information for users and administrators, as well as for developers and systems administrators. Please note that some features in the advanced guide are not available in Borealis.
Reach out to your institutional support contact(s) from your institutional collection page by clicking “Contact” in the upper right part of the page (beside “Share”).
Alternatively, in the root page of Borealis, there is a Contact link, which will send an email to all institutional support contacts, including for your institution.
As a third option, you can also complete the contact form by clicking on the Support link, which will send your query to Borealis technical support.
For more information about the Borealis service, policies, and technology, review our policies.
- Preservation Plan: The preservation plan outlines the objectives, roles and responsibilities, strategies, and actions for preserving the digital files uploaded by users and stored in the repository.
- Privacy Statement: This privacy statement explains what data we collect through the use of Borealis, how this information is treated, and for what purpose.
- Technology Infrastructure and Security Information: The Technology Infrastructure and Security Information document outlines general information, technical infrastructure, application security, and storage and backup details.
- Accessibility: The accessibility statement explains our commitment to providing barrier-free access to Borealis.
Resources from the Alliance
The Digital Research Alliance of Canada, the “Alliance” (formerly the Portage Network) has a variety of resources for the Dataverse software, as well as other tools:
- Dataverse North Metadata Best Practices Guide (v3.0)
- Brief Guides for Dataverse and Dataverse Metadata
- Dataverse 101 Learning Module 1
Other Tools & Platforms
- DMP Assistant: a national, online, bilingual data management planning tool.
- Federated Research Data Repository (FRDR): research data repository for Canadian researchers.
- Guidance on De-Identification for Qualitative Data: resource prepared by the Qualitative Data Repository at Syracuse University.
- De-identification Guidelines for Structured Data (PDF): guidance on de-identifying quantitative data from the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario.
- Tips for improving data discoverability: a short article on tools and techniques to make your data more discoverable.