Step 1 – Getting started
When you’re ready to set up an instance of OUR, contact email@example.com. Please include the IP addresses of all users who will using the administrative view to add or edit licenses.
The Scholars Portal Operations Team (SPOT) will provide:
- URLs for your instance (administrative and public)
- usernames and password for your administrators
Schools are encouraged to review included consortial licenses before activating their instance.
Step 2 – Setting up your instance
- Review the field descriptions to see how each usage right should be interpreted. Contact us if you have questions about any of the descriptions.
- Add any additional consortial you may belong to
- Add new vendors if necessary
- Add new licenses and associate them with local consortia and vendor
- Check off permitted uses
- SFX users: Keep track of the URL for the license and note the SFX target that you want to associate it with
- Generate reports to verify accuracy and completeness of data entered
Step 3 – Getting ready to go live
- Review text from the front page blurb and customize it to suit local needs
- Provide SPOT with a logo to include in your interface
- Let SPOT know if you would like to display generic license permissions for SFX targets not associated with consortial licenses, or if you prefer to leave those untouched.
- After SPOT has updated SFX notes fields, test SFX menus to make sure licenses are displayed correctly.
Over time, license agreements, products licensed, and SFX target organizations will change. As this happens, we expect the following workflow scenario (applicable to OCUL libraries only):
- New OCUL products: OCUL staff will enter the license details into the appropriate field and push the information out to all institutional databases. OCUL or SP staff will send the local SFX administrator information to be added to their SFX targets for new products.
- New local products: Local staff enter in license details and add the appropriate SFX target or portfolio note field.
- Changes in OCUL terms: OCUL staff will enter the license details into the appropriate field and push the information out to all institutional databases.
- Changes in SFX targets: The old target will be deleted, and the new one created. OCUL or SP staff will send the local SFX administrator the new note to be added to the SFX target or portfolio note field