ROAM, or the Report on Accessible Media, is a research study on accessible media delivery at Ontario universities. Commissioned by OCUL, the study aims to identify a range of service options available to Ontario’s university libraries to ensure fair and equitable access to video collections held at university libraries across the province.
The final report includes:
- an environmental scan including current practices, legal framework and future trends
- technology workflows and methodologies
- questions and some answers for libraries about accessible media provision
- options for libraries to provide accessible collections
- a directory of commercial and crowd-sourced services specializing in accessible media production
- best practices and suggested resources
The document PDF is available for download in English on the OCUL website. French translation is coming shortly.